Welcome to Beccari's Farm Market online! Read on to find out what's FRESH at Beccari's. You'll find our freshest website additions right here on this page. Check out our recipes, and be sure to subscribe to our Fresh Bites email newsletter to be the first to know about our freshest crops and specials!
We’re now closed for the 2012 season. Subscribe to our Fresh Bites e-newsletter to stay posted and be among the first to know when we reopen in the spring. Thank you for your business, and God bless!
- 2 Beccari’s Acorn Squash
- 3 Beccari’s Cooking Apples
- lemon juice
- ¼ Cup raisins
- dash of ground cinnamon
- ¼ Cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core apples. Cut squash and apples into half-inch-thick round slices. Brush apple slices with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a 3-quart casserole, layer squash and apples. Sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle squash and apples with maple syrup and bake for another 5 minutes or until the squash is tender.
When something is as deliciously simple as this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter recipe at Gluten Free Easily, we just have to share! Since it’s not our own recipe, we can’t post the full text of it here, but we encourage you to click through and give it a shot! As this sweet pumpkin-y goodness simmers down, slowly in your Crock Pot, it will make your house smell fantastic. Consider starting this right before bed and finishing up the process in the morning. That way you won’t be too tempted to taste it before it’s done, and the cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove will invigorate you, urging you out of bed despite the chill of autumn morning.
Pumpkin butter is yummy on toast, English muffins, and even in place of jelly as peanut butter & pumpkin butter sandwiches. The honey in the GFE recipe linked above helps to act as a natural preservative and adds depth to the sweetness without using refined sugar.